Sunday, January 29, 2012

January Favorites

Ok, so I only have four, but these are the products that started my new year off beautifully:


From left to right: Raspberry Pie, Sugar Plum, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, and Cherry Tart. 

1.  Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters--Not quite a lipstick, not quite a lipgloss, these are great for all different occasions.  I have five of them, and some are more pigmented than others, so I've had to designate them into "work appropriate" and "free-time appropriate".  They're all very smooth and creamy, and great for everyday.  You can find these at drugstores for $6-8.00.









2.  MAC eyeshadow in Star Violet--I'd had my eye on this eyeshadow for quite awhile and when I finally purchased it, I used it every day for the next week.  I couldn't get enough of it!  It's a beautiful cranberry/purplish pearl color with a hint of gold reflects; it looks great with gold shadow in the inner corner and Star Violet on the outer half of the eye.  It's available at MAC counters for $15.00. 

 





3.  Essie nailpolishes in Dive Bar and Over The Edge-- Personally, I think Essie nailpolishes are a little overpriced, but when I saw these colors in Target, I had to have them.  They both came out in the most recent collection by Essie, and they are gorgeous.  Dive Bar is a beautiful, dark bluish teal color with purple reflects; it's divine.  Over The Edge is a pretty gunmetal gray with silver reflects in it.  Although I can wear neither of these colors to work, I couldn't put them down; pictures don't do them justice.  I used an O.P.I topcoat over them and they lasted for at least four days with no wearing-away on the edges.  You can get these and other Essie polishes at drugstores and Ulta for $7.75-8.00. 


Left to right: Over The Edge, Dive Bar

4.  Covergirl Wetslicks lipglosses in Iced Berry and Wine Shine-- Similar to the Essie nailpolishes, when I saw these two Wetslicks colors, I had to have them.  I was a little hesitant at first because they look super shimmery and I was afraid they would look frosty, but I was so glad to find out that they don't; they just look nice and glossy.  You can get these at drugstores for about $4-6.00. 

Top: Iced Berry
Bottom: Wine Shine


--Shine bright

No comments:

Post a Comment