Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So it's been awhile....

     One of my New Year's Resolutions is to work on this blog more; I'll admit I kind of abandoned it last year after awhile due to lack of ambition, holidays, work, and other things, but I vow to get back on track and try to update regularly.  Another one of my New Year's Resolutions was to try to stop buying more make-up; key word there is "try".  I know I'll never be able to completely stop buying make-up all together.  Who am I kidding, it's one of my favorite hobbies.  However, I've recently realized, and I never thought I'd say this, but I have too much make-up.  
     I look through my make-up drawers and find stuff I forgot I had, stuff I haven't used in so long because it just gets pushed to the back to make room for the new stuff I buy, stuff that's perfectly good but neglected because I just keep buying more that takes its place.  My make-up table is crazytown!  Of all the make-up I have collected over the years, I have never hit pan on anything; I've never even used up an entire tube of lipgloss.  I have so many eyeshadows it's hard for me to buy more because I already have a similar color (or five similar colors), I have so many loose powders it's hard for me to decide which one to use that day, same goes for blush, my lip products don't fit in their bin anymore, it's madness! 
     I need to stop.  Or at least cut back.  Which will be good for another one of my New Year's Resolutions, which was to save more money.  I'm going to try to use the stuff I already have, look through my drawers and rediscover old products, and hopefully hit pan on a lot of the stuff I own.  Even though I love to buy new make-up, I'm looking forward to this challenge, and to all the money I'll be able to spend on other things.  Like shopping for things that aren't make-up.  

--Shine Bright      

No comments:

Post a Comment