Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Favorites

I feel like I'm kind of bad at these favorites posts because I usually only have four or five things, and two of them are blushes.  Maybe I'm just selective.  Anyway:

1.  Peachy blush- I've been really into peachy blushes lately for some reason; I've basically been ignoring all of my other blushes in favor of my two peachy ones.  It's the color that looks best on my skin tone and they're very flattering with all of the eye looks I've been doing lately (mostly neutrals for work).  The two peachy blushes I are both Covergirl from the drugstore.   
Left: Covergirl Instant Cheekbones in Peach Perfection.  Right: Covergirl Cheekers in Pretty Peach.

2.  Revlon Colorstay Mineral Blush in Honey-as you can see from the price sticker on the front, I found this blush at Big Lots for $3.00.  It's a nice neutral color that's not too brown, so you can pair it with colorful or neutral eye looks.  It's also pretty pigmented; one or two swipes with your blush brush will do it. 



3.  NARS eyeshadow duo in Kalahari- when I first bought this duo I used it every day for a week.  Clearly, as you can probably see from the picture, it has been well-loved.  It has two beautiful brown shades in it, one a shimmery bronze color and the other a satin walnut brown shade (I think that's what color walnuts are?).  If these weren't so expensive I would probably buy five more NARS duos; the shadows are soft and very pigmented, and they blend out well.  I bought this from Nordstrom for $34.00, but you can also find these at Sephora, also for $34.00. 

4.  Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in #674 Coralberry- this was an impulse buy for me from Wal-Mart last night, but I'm glad I bought it.  (I've been looking for a good coral lipstick lately, I have no idea why.)  Like the peachy blushes, coral lip colors are very flattering for my skin tone and the second I tried this on after I got home I loved it.  (I know I've only had it for one day and I didn't even get to wear it out yet, but I can tell I'm going to love it!)  I can definitely see myself wearing this to work a lot, especially in the summer, it's so pretty.  I think this was $4.57 at Wal-Mart.  Disclaimer: it looks more pink in the picture than it really is, it's definitely coral; it also says it's a creme color, but clearly you can see shimmers in it in the pictures.  The shimmers don't show up on your lips though; there it does looks like a creme.    


 Next month I'll try to have more than four products! 

--Shine bright

No comments:

Post a Comment