Friday, May 18, 2012

Products I use everyday

Clearly, these are products that I use in my everyday make-up routine, many of which I consistently re-purchase.  Disclaimer: some of the products I use everyday depend on whether I'm at work or play (have the day off).  I use more neutral colors and some different face products on days when I work, as opposed to brighter, more colorful eye and lip products when I have the day off.  But for the most part, here is what I use and what I use to apply it, in the order of usage.

1.  Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer-this is the first thing I put on my face before any actual make-up.  My face is very dry after I shower, so I need some kind of moisturizer before foundation.  It has SPF 15 with UVA and UVB protection, and it's fragrance and paraben-free.  I just smear some in the palm of my hands and rub it all over my face (pro, huh?). 

2.  Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfecter B.B. Cream-since I'm lucky enough to have nice enough skin where I don't need a full-on foundation, I use tinted moisturizers like this B.B. cream and it gives me all the coverage I need.  This also has SPF 15 and UVA and UVB protection and is paraben-free.  Forewarning: it has kind of a medicinal/ointmenty smell, and when I first started using it it broke my skin out in a couple places.  It doesn't break me out anymore, so apparently my skin just got used to it.  After I put a little smear of this on my forehead, each cheek, down my nose, on my chin, and under my jawbone, I use a stippling brush to stipple it on, then swirl it in.  

3.  Powder-anytime you put a liquid or a cream product on your face, you always want to set it with a powder.  Depending on whether I'm going to work or play that day: I use Maybelline Dream Matte Powder for work and I apply it with a kabuki brush, just swirl it all over my face, and for play I have a couple different loose powders that I use; the one pictured is The Body Shop Loose Face Powder, and I apply that using a fluffy powder brush, not pictured (oops, I forgot that one!), again, just swirl it all over my face.  I always apply two layers of powder because my skin is so oily and it just keeps my face a little more matte for longer, and for work I use a pressed powder (again, a little more matte for longer) and for play I use a loose powder, because I guess I just don't care if my skin gets oily sooner on my days off.  (?)

4.  Eye primer-I always use an eye primer for work and play, because it keeps your eyeshadow from creasing longer and helps your eyeshadows look brighter.  For work I use the one pictured, Urban Decay Primer Potion, because it lasts and keeps your eyeshadows crease-free ALL day, and on my days off I use a MAC Paint Pot or NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils; these ones don't last as long as the Urban Decay one, but on my days off I don't need them to, and Urban Decay is expensive so I save that stuff for when I need it (like when i have four flights a day).  I just use my ring finger to apply this stuff.  

5.  Eyeshadow-again, whether I'm at work or play dictates what kind of eyeshadow I use.  The ones pictured are a NARS duo in Kalahari (one of my favorites-two beautiful neutral shades for work) and a Maybelline eyeshadow quad in Velvet Crush (darker and more dramatic shades for play).  I use an eyeshadow brush to apply any eyeshadow.     

6.  Eyeliner-when I go to work I always do winged eyeliner, just because I think it makes my eyes look a little bigger and prettier, and for that I use Incolor FabuLiner liquid eyeliner in black ($1.99 at Walgreens!) and for days off I use L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner to just line my eyes with no wing.  I rarely use pencil eyeliner because I think liquid eyeliner stands out better and is more dramatic, which is more my style. 

7.  Curl eyelashes- I use my Chanel eyelash curler; I never used to curl my lashes, and honestly I think mine look the same whether I curl them or not, but since I paid enough dang money for this Chanel eyelash curler, I figured I had better use it every single day.  Don't ask how much I paid for this; I realize it's a ridiculous amount for an eyelash curler, but it says Chanel on it!  And it's limited edition!  That's a legit excuse, right?

8.  Mascara-every day, whether work or play, I use Covergirl Lash Blast mascara in Very Black.  It's the best mascara I've ever used, it's drugstore, and people always ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes when I use it.  I'm keeping it.

9.  Nivea Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover-I use this to clean up any boo-boos I might have made with eyeshadow, mascara, or eyeliner; I just squeeze some onto one end of a q-tip, wipe away the boo-boo, and use the dry end of the q-tip to wipe off any excess liquid.  

10.  Re-apply-I use a concealer brush (again, not pictured-oops!) to re-apply a small dab of the B.B. cream to my under-eyes and anywhere else I might have wiped it off using the make-up remover.  

11.  Concealer-  I dab and blend some Revlon PhotoReady concealer under my eyes and anywhere else I have blemishes or uneven-ness on my face, just using my ring finger.  

12.  Re-apply-again, anytime you put a cream or liquid on your face, you should set it with powder, so I use the little green-handled powder brush to brush the same powder I used to set my B.B. cream with under my eyes and anywhere else I dabbed concealer.  

13.  Blush-depending on what eye makeup I'm wearing that day, I choose a blush I think would look good with it and apply it with a blush brush, which I also forgot to include in the picture.  Rage face.  

The pink double-ended brush in the picture is what I use to sweep away any fall-outs from the eyeshadow I used; I use the stippling (white) end to brush them off.  I don't use it every day, it just depends on if I have fall-outs or not.  

Believe it or not, this whole process takes me about 25-30 minutes, depending on whether or not my winged eyeliner is cooperating.  That's the general idea of what I use and how I use it every day, so....yeah.  Here's a picture: 

  

--Shine bright     

No comments:

Post a Comment