Thursday, August 23, 2012

French beauty/"fashion" haul

So I just got back from Paris a couple of days ago (I had a few days off, and I can't sit around my apartment all day, right?) and while I was there I bought a few souvenirs.  The Bourjois products I'm going to show I know are available in the UK, but I'm not sure about the rest of Europe.  Bourjois is a French brand that is sold in drugstores like Monoprix (it's kind of like a French Wal-Mart).  I've never seen these products in the U.S. before, so I had to pick them up!  All prices shown are in Euros.

 

I got three Bourjois eyeshadows (one for a friend), a blush, and two nailpolishes.  All of the eyeshadows and blushes are paraben-free!  The packaging has a magnetic clasp-type of thing where you have to push the little button on the front to open it; some of them come with a little sponge-tip applicator or brush (blush), and all of them have a mirror in the lids. 

The first one is #54 (this one is for my friend so I'm not going to swatch it); it's a shimmery medium brown and it comes with a sponge-tip applicator.  Price: 10,99 €

#08 is an "intense extrait" eyeshadow, and it's a shimmery reddish-brown color.  10,99 €

#74 is a satin finish dark brown that comes with a sponge-tip applicator.  10,99 €

#36 is the blush, and it's called Vitamin Peach (isn't that the cutest name for a blush?!).  It's a sparkly coral-orange color that comes with a small brush.  12,50 €


The two Bourjois nailpolishes I picked up are colors #09 Lavande esquisse (it Google translates to "lavender sketch"...?).  This one is a 1 Seconde Gel silicone texture, with a "fan effect brush for neat nails".  It claims to give a salon finish in 1 second.  The bottle says "1 nail=1 stroke=1 sec."  I haven't used it yet, but the polish looks pretty thick and I hope it's opaque.  9,99 €

The other polish is #33 Tangerine fatal; So lacque! with vinyl.  The bottle says "Ultra shine and hold up to 7 days".  It seems a little more watery than the lavender polish. 
9,99 €

I haven't tried any of the makeup or nailpolishes yet so I can't tell you how they perform, but I can't wait to use them!

I don't know why I felt the need to go to a MAC store in France when we have them in the U.S, but I did.  I found one on Rue Rivoli, which is a famous shopping street, and I picked up this blush called Sunbasque.  It's a Sheertone Shimmer blush, and at first I was afraid that it was going to be too shimmery and too dark and make me look ruddy or dirty, but I was pleased to find out that it's none of the above.  It looks darker in the packaging, but it comes out as a nice peach color on my cheeks.  21,99 €







 
As far as "fashion" items go, I bought two scarves, two pairs of sunglasses, and a necklace.
 
You have to buy scarves when you go to France, all the fashionable French women wear scarves.  The teal skull scarf I picked up from a random tourist souvenir shop on the street for about 4 €; I love this color!  It's so vivid, and it just caught my eye right away.  I've seen celebrities wear this skull motif, and I wanted to try it too. 
 
The spearmint green scarf is an infinity scarf that I bought at a store in a mall near my hostel called Six.  I can't get enough of this color!  It's basically just a big piece of fabric sewn together, but it's so soft and because of the color, I just had to have it.  9,95 €
 
 
The necklace I bought at the same store as the spearmint scarf, Six, and I was just attracted to it and thought it would be good to wear alone or layered.  5,95 €
 
 
Not five minutes before I left my apartment for this trip, I legitimately stepped on and broke my sunglasses, so I had to buy some when I got to Paris.  The bottom pair I bought in a random store down in the metro for 10 €.  Check out the side detail!
The other ones I bought at a huge multi-floor store called Etam on Rue Rivoli for 12,95 €.  I thought they were so cute with the little bow on the corner, and I've wanted a pair of cat-eye sunglasses forever! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Those are all of the makeup and fashion-related items I bought on my trip to Paris!  I feel so blessed to have this wonderful life where I get to do these kinds of things; I'm so thankful for these opportunities!  My life makes me Shine bright. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment