Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stuff I Like

So, if you haven't already noticed, I'm pretty bad at monthly favorites.  This is going to be a bunch of products I've really enjoyed over the past couple of months but never found the time to put into their respective monthly posts.  Stuff I like:

1.  Revlon Colorburst lipglosses in Bellini and Papaya- I love these Revlon lipglosses to begin with, but the colors they came out with for spring/summer are phenom-bomb (yes, I made that word up).  I'm obsessed with this Papaya color for summer; make-up, clothes, jewelry, I must have everything in this color!  This color is particularly flattering for my skin tone; I wear it to work all the time and always get questions and compliments on it.  The Bellini color looks better (on me, anyway) if I put it over a lipstick; it adds just the right amount of shine and is good for lightening up a dark lipstick.  Worn alone, it can tend to wash me out.  I don't own NARS' Turkish Delight lipgloss, but they look similar to me. 
Top: Bellini  Bottom: Papaya









2.  Zebra kabuki brush- I found this brush at T.J. Maxx for around $6.00 (I forgot what the brand was, sorry!)  I was looking for a different foundation brush other than the duo-fibre I had been using to apply my B.B. cream, which left it looking streaky and shedded like CRAZY.  I got this brush because it's super dense and leaves my B.B. cream looking seamless and finished, rather than streaky and....unfinished.  The denseness of it blends the foundation flawlessly and it's much less work to apply.  Plus it's zebra-print, my favorite!  I dot the B.B. cream all over my face, then use the zebra brush to stipple it everywhere, then use circular motions to blend it all in.  It doesn't shed and is super-soft.  The only bad thing about it is that it takes FOREVER to dry after being washed.  Otherwise it's perfect! 









3.  MAC mineralize blush in Warm Soul- this is my first MAC blush and I'm pretty pleased with it.  It's a good neutral blush with flecks of gold.  I know it's a cult favorite, but I didn't like NARS' Orgasm blush because of the sketchy gold shimmer it left on my face; this MAC blush leaves no visible shimmer (I actually returned my Orgasm blush!  Gasp!).  It blends into my skin well and is almost a peachy/pinky-enough brown that I can get away with wearing it with neutral eye looks for work, although it also looks good with colorful eye looks as well. 





4.  L'Oreal Color Riche lipstick in #176 Sunset Angora- this is another favorite coraly-pink lipstick of mine.  Straight-up pink lipsticks don't look good on me (or I haven't found one that does yet....), but lipsticks like this one that also have coral in them look phenom-bomb on me.  It's a cream color (no shimmers) and is smooth and creamy and stays moisturizing for longer than most lipsticks.  The color is not very long-lasting, so you do have to re-apply throughout the day.  But the color is worth it!  You can find this in drugstores for around $7-8.00. 




5.  Sally Hansen Salon Manicure nailpolish in Barely Bluebell- this is another color I'm obsessed with for summer.  This is a beautiful, cream-finish robin's egg/turquoise blue polish.  Unfortunately I can't wear this color to work, but I painted my nails with it during my week of vacation and I loved the way it looked.  It was very long-wearing and never chipped or even barely wore off on my nail tips.  I will definitely be purchasing more of these Salon Manicure nailpolishes (but next time in colors I can actually wear to work!).  I got this on sale from Target; I think they're usually around $5-6.00.




I'm probably going to think of 10 more things I wanted to add to this list after I publish it, but those are all of the ones I can think of for now!  Enjoy! 

--Shine bright

No comments:

Post a Comment